1. 71% of refugees are women and children. (51% children)
https://eric.ed.gov/?id=EJ458612 51% children
https://www.state.gov/documents/organization/266671.pdf 72% are women and children
http://www.snopes.com/refugee-invaders-meme/(specific to 77% women and children)
2. 0.0006% of the federal budget goes to resettlement
The above would be 2015, 2016 is .0004 but includes US private donations as well as federal.
http://federal-budget.insidegov.com/l/119/2016 (US BUDGET – 3.54 Trillion spent 2016)
http://reporting.unhcr.org/donor-profiles (The US contributes 1.5B – through both private and federal donations) http://reporting.unhcr.org/financial#_ga=1.145315700.1153981015.1479158457
http://reporting.unhcr.org/financial#_ga=1.114390855.1153981015.1479158457 (Receiving of 29M in refugee aid from UN)
http://reporting.unhcr.org/contributions?t=r (US donation compared to the other nations, who also are physically caring for world’s refugee population)
3. 2/3’s of agencies budgets come from donations. only 1/3 comes from tax dollars
http://lirs.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/RPTREALCOSTWELCOME.pdf (2012 data)
Below is a snapshot of a slide I made. It is the numbers taken directly from this report.
4. In ten yrs over 750,000 refugees resettled – 0 deaths from refugee terroristic acts
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B-wujYWv0q7SZXA3TEt3VG5VVEU 2nd and 3rd page – “Question: Is the U.S. refugee resettlement Program and Conduit for Terrorists? OF the 784,000 refugees resettled in the United States since September 11, 2001, three have been arrested for planning terrorist activities -two of whom were planning attacks outside the country.”
http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/08/us/terror-charges-refugees/ (Arrested for making plans)
5. Anne Frank was denied resettlement which would have saved her life
6. less than 1% of the world’s refugee population gets resettled.
http://www.unhcr.org/en-us/figures-at-a-glance.html(actually 1/2 of 1%)
7. Last year about 200,000 refugees were resettled – 5,000,000 were created
http://www.unhcr.org/en-us/news/latest/2016/6/575e79424/unhcr-report-sees-2017-resettlement-needs-119-million.html (projected – 143,000 in 2016, the numbers are not back)
http://popstats.unhcr.org/en/overview#_ga=1.175726434.1153981015.1479158457 (2015 – 54.96 Million / 63.91 Million 2016 – Actually showing 8.95 Million.
According to this 143,000 resettled 8.95 Million created
8. Resettlement takes on average, 5-7 years with no knowledge of which CONTINENT they will be resettled to.
9. 2015’s largest resettlement populations – Burundi and Burma
10. Google was created by a refugee
Additional great facts and websites:
http://www.unhcr.org/en-us/news/press/2015/12/5672c98c34/unhcr-report-confirms-worldwide-rise-forced-displacement-first-half-2015.html “Beyond the headline numbers, the report shows worsening indicators in several key areas. Voluntary return rates – a measure of how many refugees can safely go back home and a barometer of the global state of conflict – are at their lowest levels in over three decades (an estimated 84,000 people compared to 107,000 in the same period a year ago). In effect, if you become a refugee today your chances of going home are lower than at any time in more than 30 years.”